Exposure to asbestos is the biggest occupational health killer of our time.
OHSS advise on the dangers and management of asbestos in the workplace, in compliance with the law and help ensure all obligations and legal standards are met where building owners, employers, and contractors must obtain information about all asbestos containing materials in their facilities.
OHSS are experts in developing the necessary Health and Safety management plans, for a workplace, to ensure that the presence of any asbestos containing materials are properly controlled and managed. Ultimately OHSS is dedicated to delivering superior services that ensure the health and safety of your property and the occupants within.
Why you should work with OHSS?
OHSS is accredited to ISO17020 (Surveying for Asbestos in Premises and Risk Assessments) and ISO17025 (Analysis of Asbestos in Bulk Materials). This means that our survey methods, analysis, quality management system and report format conform to the highest quality standards available.
What We do
When working at a third party’s workplace, employers and contractors must obtain information from the owner about ACM. We will ensure all obligations are met and provide all of he following required services:-
Asbestos Exposure Monitoring:
-We monitor employee exposures so that hazard-control measures are implemented to protect employees.
- We collect air samples which measure employee exposures in hazardous work activities.
- We undertake inspection surveys of asbestos in buildings, and analyse asbestos in materials in accordance with legislation.
- We are experts on the legislation and guidelines surrounding ‘best practice’ in carrying out a survey for asbestos and assessing risk caused by its presence.
Asbestos Fibre Monitoring:
- We monitor sites to ensure asbestos fibre levels in the air are kept to a minimum, and within regulation guidelines. Air sampling and analysis will determine the potential risk of exposure, and compliance or otherwise with regulations.
Asbestos Risk Assessment:
- We work closely with facilities managers, architects and other professionals so that our ACM risk assessments meet your needs, and control related risks and liabilities.
- The key to successful asbestos risk assessment and management is accurate information and Our reports provide full documentation of the location, type, quantity and condition of Asbestos Conaining Materials. They include practical recommendations for compliance where applicable.
Safe asbestos removal and disposal are our priority and your health is of utmost importance. We constantly train so that we effectively manage the asbestos removal process:
1. Advice in the development of a design specification for the removal works
2. Selecting asbestos removal contractors
3. Monitoring the works carried out by the chosen contractor
4. Clearance testing once asbestos is removed
OHSS was established in 2001 as an Occupational Health and Safety consultancy. Founder Paul Foran has extensive experience in the field, both as a consultant and as a former Inspector with the Health & Safety Authority (www.hsa.ie), where he formulated policy and legislation.
Our mission is to be the leading Occupational Hygiene and Safety consultancy in Ireland, and provide reputable training
The umbrella term of ‘asbestos’ actually covers 6 different types of material. They include amosite, tremolite, actinolite, crocidolite, anthophyllite and the subject of this article, chrysotile. Though you might not have heard...
» Read more