Asbestos exposure poses a great danger to employers and employees, as one of the biggest occupational health killers, even in modern times. With so many buildings still containing the materials with asbestos, it is important to be aware of the risks in your location and your obligations under the law as businesses are obligated to enforce the identification and management of any asbestos containing material (ACM) located in their building and are also obliged to have an asbestos survey performed on a site before beginning any demolition, building maintenance or removal services.
Through quality analysis, fibre monitoring, a thorough management system, and detailed report formats, we can help ensure businesses are informed and workers are protected. Essentially this means:
- We can help locate the presence of any suspect asbestos-containing materials in the building, and the extent of the materials, which might be damaged or disturbed during normal occupancy.
- Our specialists can also project foreseeable maintenance, and assess the condition of the materials.
- We will ensure all obligations and quality standards are met.
Asbestos Fibre Monitoring Services
Sampling of asbestos fibre levels may be required for various reasons including identification, source of contamination, assessment of personnel exposure, determination of background levels, and efficiency and effectiveness of control measures.
OHSS carries out monitoring to ensure asbestos fibre levels in the air are kept to a minimum and within regulation guidelines. Air sampling and analysis will determine the potential risk of exposure, the compliance or otherwise with action levels, control limits and the clearance indicator.
Analysis - Site Sampling and Testing Services
OHSS ensure the accuracy and reliability of sampling through working from on-site laboratories, satellite laboratories or from our own laboratory. To achieve this level of competence we:
1. Use technicians who are adequately trained to perform sampling and testing
2. Provide suitable laboratory accommodation that ensures a consistent level of quality
3. Use sampling and testing methods as described in HSG248
4. Use equipment of established design that is suitable for the specific test activity
5. Maintain equipment calibration programmes
6. Handle samples using methods described in HSG248
Our Standards of Work
At OHSS, our Survey Methods, Fibre Monitoring & Analysis meet all regulatory criteria and conform to the highest quality standards available i.e all of our survey methods, fibre analysis, quality management, and report formats conform to the highest quality standards available.
OHSS was established in 2001 as an Occupational Health and Safety consultancy. Founder Paul Foran has extensive experience in the field, both as a consultant and as a former Inspector with the Health & Safety Authority (www.hsa.ie), where he formulated policy and legislation.
Our mission is to be the leading Occupational Hygiene and Safety consultancy in Ireland, and provide reputable tra
Despite being outlawed in construction over 20 years ago, it is still one of the biggest workplace killers in existence. This highly dangerous material is known to lead to fatal illnesses, with 78% of all occupational cancers in the EU being...
» Read more