Occupational Hygiene and Safety Services Ltd perform all types of occupational hygiene services including, but not limited to Indoor Air Quality, Chemical monitoring, thermal imagining, noise/vibration monitoring, Asbestos Sampling and Testing, infection control risk assessment, etc.
The Occupational Hygienist is responsible for leading efforts to recognize, evaluate and control chemical, physical and biological hazards on client sites throughout Ireland and the United Kingdom. The candidate will ensure compliance with company and national occupational health and safety regulations.
About this company
Founded in 2001, Occupational Hygiene and Safety Services Ltd (OHSS) is a full-service occupational hygiene and asbestos consulting firm located in Dublin, Ireland. OHSS provides a full range of occupational compliance services, with a specialization in serving healthcare facility management providers. OHSS are the only accredited asbestos laboratory in Ireland making us market leaders in the field of asbestos identification, monitoring and surveying.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Monitor and interpret sampling results to make determinations and propose corrective action strategies based on complex, comprehensive occupational hygiene surveys, studies and evaluations. This will require preparing technical reports of findings and recommendations to correct hazardous conditions
- Develop and implement exposure monitoring and sampling plans that ensure compliance with applicable codes of practice and current Health and Safety Regulations.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Safety and other operational areas to develop control measures such as change in work procedures, ventilation systems, material substitution and evaluation of personal protective equipment.
- Develop and administer occupational safety and health training
- Provide support and bulk analysis for asbestos identification
- Undertake four stage clearance testing following asbestos removal projects
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Degree in related field (Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene) or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred 3-5 years’ experience of progressive safety and training experience
- Certificate of Operational Competence or Diploma in Occupational hygiene or equivalent
- Experience working with government regulators
- Experience implementing behaviour based safety programs and safety management systems
- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs safely and create a culture of safety
- Strong leadership and training skills
- Strong analytical skills including root cause/failure analysis methodology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, maintain attention to detail and recognize time constraints
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software programs
Leadership and Management Responsibilities
- Coordinate projects and provide leadership and assistance to cross-functional project teams. Teams may be made up of internal employees, consultants or temporary staff across several business units
How to Apply
Please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.