There are strict legal requirements in force in Ireland that requires any person that works with asbestos containing materials must have the proper training and prevention knowledge.
1. Any improper handling or allowing untrained procedures during removal of asbestos can increase the risk of exposure, and subsequently cause serious health risks to those who inhale any airborne asbestos fibres. For this reason, and in order to follow the necessary regulations, no person is allowed to perform this without the proper training.
2. It is your responsibility, as a property owner, employer, or contractor, to ensure that any asbestos testing, management and control, asbestos removal, and any disposal procedures are carried out appropriately and safely.
3. Businesses must ensure that they implement risk control and have a management plan before proceeding with any removal or disposal of asbestos containing materials.
At OHSS, we provide your company and staff with quality training, so that any risk of exposure is prevented and properly handled.
- Asbestos Awareness
- Low Risk Asbestos Removal Operative
- Asbestos Removal New Operative
- Asbestos Removal New Supervisor
- Asbestos Removal – Operative Refresher
- Asbestos Removal – Supervisor Refresher
- Managing Asbestos for Supervisory Licence holders
- BOHS P401 - Identification of Asbestos in Bulk Samples
- BOHS P402 – Building Surveys & Bulk Sampling
- BOHS P403 - Asbestos Fibre Counting
- BOHS P405 – Management of Asbestos in Buildings
- BOHS P406 – Supervision and Management of the Safe Removal & Disposal of Asbestos
- BOHS S301 – Asbestos and Other Fibres
We regulary provide Public Training Programs that anyone may attend, ' Asbestos Awareness Training & Low Risk Handling (revised in accordance with the HSA Guidance on ACM Management & Abatement 2013'.
You may call us for details on the next available course (01) 690 5907.
OHSS was established in 2001 as an Occupational Health and Safety consultancy. Founder Paul Foran has extensive experience in the field, both as a consultant and as a former Inspector with the Health & Safety Authority (www.hsa.ie), where he formulated policy and legislation.
Our mission is to be the leading Occupational Hygiene and Safety consultancy in Ireland, and provide reputable tra
At OHSS, we provide guidance on the many safety aspects relating to asbestos identification, management and asbestos removal and disposal. We regularly bring you blogs like this one to educate and bring you news from the asbestos abatement...
» Read more