Risk assessment is the cornerstone of safety practice in handling chemicals, and a key component of our courses. We examine the design of individual workplaces and focus on the method and location of handling.
Our Chemical Safety Training consultants train course participants to:
- Become aware of chemicals in the workplace
- Know how chemical exposure can occur and the health effects associated with this
- Know how chemicals are classified and where to find information on them
- Know how to handle chemicals correctly
- Know the regulations regarding chemicals in the workplace
- Educate employees of the risks
- Highlight storage issues such as segregation of incompatible materials
- Educate trainees to guide and inform others in the safe handling of chemicals
- OHSS training course on Chemical Safety
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your Occupational Hygiene Training needs.
OHSS was established in 2001 as an Occupational Health and Safety consultancy. Founder Paul Foran has extensive experience in the field, both as a consultant and as a former Inspector with the Health & Safety Authority (www.hsa.ie), where he formulated policy and legislation.
Our mission is to be
Before it was banned at the end of the 1990s, asbestos had been one of the most widely used construction materials around. The lack of asbestos regulations at the time resulted in thousands of workmen and DIY-ers being exposed repeatedly to...
» Read more