Chemical safety and exposure monitoring helps companies achieve compliance with Safety, Health, and Welfare at work. Proper planning and assessing of potential risks involved with chemical exposure is an integral part of ensuring the well being of your business and your employees. Regulations apply to many levels of handling and storage, for large-scale chemical practises and minimal instances, such as having cleaning agents on site. Businesses are obligated by law to implement risk assessment and training to ensure complete safety in the presence of various chemicals.
From monitoring the work environment and carrying out risk assessment, to providing chemical training and consultancy, to chemical inventory management, our team can help your company with a program designed to prevent exposure and keep risk at a minimum. OHSS offers a wide variety of services and training to help you manage the chemicals on your site safely. Our chemical safety consultants and trainers have many years of experience implementing safe working practises and exposure monitoring in a wide variety of environments.
• Help your organisation comply with regulations
• Establish potential for employee exposure to chemical agents
• Determine risk to employee health
• Identify hazards associated with the chemical (toxic, corrosive etc.)
• Identify method of use (heated, ignition sources etc.)
• Review all aspects of storage
• Calculate number of people exposed
• Monitor exposure levels
• Recommend control measures
• Record findings
SUBSTANCES SUBJECT TO REGULATION:
• Substances brought into the workplace and handled, stored and used for processing (e.g. raw materials, solvents, cleaning, agents, glues, resins, paints)
• Substances generated by a process or work activity (e.g. fumes from welding/soldering, dust from machining of wood, solvent vapours from painting, dust from quarrying)
• Substances or mixtures produced by the work process including by-products, residues or waste
CHEMICAL EXPOSURE MONITORING:
• Inhalable dust and fumes
• Silica and solvents
• Anaesthetic gases
• Diesel exhaust exposure
We can help your organisation comply with all regulations and monitor exposure levels for optimal safety, recommending procedural changes or new handling methods.
OHSS was established in 2001 as an Occupational Health and Safety consultancy. Founder Paul Foran has extensive experience in the field, both as a consultant and as a former Inspector with the Health & Safety Authority (www.hsa.ie), where he formulated policy and legislation.
Our mission is to be
Before it was banned at the end of the 1990s, asbestos had been one of the most widely used construction materials around. The lack of asbestos regulations at the time resulted in thousands of workmen and DIY-ers being exposed repeatedly to...
» Read more